Wednesday, October 6, 2010

blog#2

Children would themselves more in school if they were given the opportunity to take part in the subjects and activities they actually enjoyed. School is not all fun and games, there needs to be some kind of interest in what is being taught for the students to actually pay attention. I have been a student for many years and I was a student who always would get in trouble in class. I was not interested or even thinking about what was going on in class. I started to think something was wrong with my actions and soon began to be “normal.”

I am a dancer and nothing else. Since i was three years old I have wanted to be a professional dancer. While in school all I would do was dance. I would be in class dancing or making beats for me to dance to. I would study for school while I dance. So when I took tests i would dance to get the information out. Many of my teachers did not the way i aced during class. As time went on I began to think something was wrong with me. I felt as if I was an outsider. My goal was to go to a dancing high school, but y teacher talked me out of applying. She told me that i could not do it and because i have been put down so many times I believed her. If only I had some support from my teachers and family I would have went. At this point I did not have all the needs Tony Robbin spoke about in is film. He spoke about needs and how they help people see why they do what they do. After watching Tony’s film I noticed that if I had all those needs he spoke about that my life would be so much different. I always wonder how different my life would be if I had the support i needed and went to high school for dance.After I was told to be more normal I began to dislike going to school. I felt like it was torture. Since I was not happy at school I stopped doing well in my classes and began to fall behind. I could not take holding in all my music and dance moves. It was the worst feeling in my life. I knew then I had to try to make school and dance work. So while in school i took part in any club that would allow me to express myself and be me. The clubs at school really did help and made me feel like myself again. After I joined the dancing clubs at school I couldn't wait to go to school, just because I knew I could dance after school.Since then I have had many chances to express myself. I have participated in parades, performed at the Apollo Theater, choreographed plays and talent shows, and i have also choreographed praise dances at my church. When ever I was given the chance to dance I took it no questions asked. Education needs to look deeper into creativity instead of looking past it. Education and ALL parts of education should be taken seriously and that includes creativity.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,

    Your passion shines through - you are DEFINITELY A DANCER! The next question - what are you going to do about it? You seem angry that other people didn't give you what you wanted. I challenge you TO GIVE IT TO YOURSELF! ONLY YOU CAN MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!! In your revision, be sure to quote from the text and to let s know how you will upgrade your happiness in education.

    In terms of writing, there are some mild issues here and there to be resolved. Getting the content in order may "naturally" help you get everything else in better shape.

    ReplyDelete